Thursday 21 October 2010

Darrell’s Advertent £9.50 Sun Holiday in Mudeford – Part 6

Picture 691
I have collected a whole plethora of tourist information as  I don’t want to miss a thing while I am on my adervtant break. I certainly don’t want to return to Wolverhampton thinking “Shudda, Wudda, Cudda”
Picture 689
There is so much to see, including some hidden gems ……
Picture 726
As I am a martyr to my (whisper) bowels, it was very reassuring to find these award winning “conveniences” in Christchurch and to see that this year they have surpassed on their 2009 performance!
 Picture 724
I liked Christchurch very much, however I found my sense of reality was challenged by two experiences ….. first I saw this young Medieval lady selling her medieval wares. I pinched my left thigh several times, leaving a bruise, to make sure that I hadn’t inadvertently stumbled through an invisible vortex, that had somehow transferred me into a different time dimension in a Dr Who type way.  Lucy looked at me scornfully and said “You watch too much tele Darrell.” and tutted.
Picture 715
Then I saw  a seagull on a hippo in the boating lake……..
Picture 712
This time I  decided to keep my observations to myself …… but pondered upon the thought that perhaps with global warming, hippos were now migrating and starting to colonise Dorset.
Picture 709
It certainly didn’t seem to bother the swans, but there again, animals do tend to take things in their stride, without fuss.
Picture 711

1 comment:

Mr.D said...

I'm confused by the term "young Medieval lady." Surely she must be hundreds of years old so she could be a witch. Careful D!
Hippos kill more humans than any other animal in Africa (except mosquitoes.) Careful D!