Thursday 5 May 2011

Find A Penny

There’s a saying that goes “Find a penny, pick it up. All day long you’ll have good luck”
Lucky penny  1
I find it very exciting when I find a penny and always pop it in my pocket hoping that it will bring me good fortune for the rest of the day.
Penny in your pocket
But, trust Darrell …….
Lucky penny
He found a 5p coin outside the Tesco Express, (between the trolleys and the post box), and now wants to know the implications of this fortuitous event.
Finding a 5p
Does it mean he will now get five days continuous good luck for this unexpected windfall or will destiny shine upon him five fold on the day he found it?  Answers on a postcard please or I’ll never hear the last of it! I am inclined to tell him to just go and spend it on  five penny chews as that could be seen as an unpredicted stroke of luck, especially as Darrell is very partial to them…….
fruit salad chews
And it would save all the angst!

1 comment:

Mr.D said...

Maybe it is five times the good luck for five whole days!