Sunday 29 May 2011

A Snatched Moment Of Solitude In A Lemon And Orange Garden in Sorrento Before Going Home

I giardini di cataldo
I have found a little piece of Heaven ……
Picture 299
Every day on this trip  I have found something that takes my breath away. From the balcony of my hotel room I have been looking down each morning and evening at this lovely lemon and orange garden……..
Picture 207
……….  and  promised myself, that before we leave, I would come down and have a proper look.
Picture 288
It was the best promise I have ever made ….
lemon Grove in Sorrento
What I found was truly magical ….
Sat in a Garden of lemons and Oranges.
Row upon row of lemon and orange trees and the smell ……. it's just out of this world.
Picture 301
I know Monkey would have loved it if I could have taken some “real” lemons home with me, but I don’t think I could have got them through quarantine.
Garden of Leomons and Oranges
I shall remember this place forever and ever and ever.
Orange from Sorrento
The lady whose garden it was gave me an orange, it was so beautiful, I didn’t want to eat it, but that would have been silly and a waste…… so  I cut it in two and bit into it, letting the juice dribble down my chin …… it was WONDERFUL, and it taught me an important lesson ……. an orange isn’t just for Christmas!

1 comment:

Mr.D said...

Why don't you make some home made lemonade? Delicious and refreshing.