Friday 8 July 2011

The Old Curiosity Shop, Bridgnorth.

Picture 114
In Bridgnorth there is a brilliant shop/museum, called The Old Curiosity Shop, it’s filled with the most fantastic things, you think of anything, no matter how weird and it’s probably there …..
Picture 112
…. Like top hats, and blow lamps and big yellow tea pots
Picture 103 Picture 111
…. mannequin heads, copper cooking trays and military caps all on the same shelf, with more blow lamps and screws of every description …. if  ever Darrell or I  need a uniform for a fancy dress party I know where to come …
Picture 107
And goodness knows what’s going on in this corner …. I didn’t really look too closely.
Picture 104
Anyway I found what I was looking for ………
Picture 110
…… empty vinegar bottles for £1 a piece …. I want to make a special “message in a bottle”  and these are just perfect to cast into the sea next time I go to the seaside, I have romantic notions inside my head I want to put into action ……

7 comments:

Mr.D said...

Thinking about the seaside in a shop like this - did it make you want to sing "Oh I do want to be beside the seaside?"

Mr.D said...

P.S.
We are leaving Mexico. I will be in England for 6 weeks starting Saturday and then we go to pastures new in another country. Which one?

Monkey said...

So it's ..... Aufweidesen Mexico!

Hmmmm is Sunderland classed as a foreign a county?

USA????

Somewhere like Paraquay, Equador, Guatamala ..... somewhere South American????

How exciting!!!!!

marc said...

i would love that shop so much to see and things to find ,MR D were ever you go that country will be a better one for it will have you and your wealth of knowledge on hand to use good luck big love marc

Mr. D said...

Some good guesses but it is a different culture. Marc, thank you for your lovely words.

Mr. D said...

Some good guesses but it is a different culture. Marc, thank you for your lovely words.

Anonymous said...

If your thinking of visiting this shop don't take your children as their not allowed!