Monday 22 April 2013

What Are They Like????

Darrell and Nigel nipped over to Wombourne yesterday afternoon to suss out our competition for this years Staffordshire’s  Best Kept Village Competition ……
058We are loathe to admit it, but their village is considerably more pretty than ours ….. they have a proper village green …. and romantic street lights …..
053However,  in an effort to console themselves  ….. it was the name of the village that caused Darrell and Nigel much mirth of a very boyish and infantile type nature when Darrell pointed out that Wombourne sounded very much like “One Born” as in “One Born Every Minute”  a TV programme, I hasten to add,  that they are both too squeamish to watch!!!
056I am afraid I found the joke rather lame ….. and not half as funny as they found it ….!!!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

I hope the keep their childish sense of humour.

Anonymous said...

Great idea....A little undercover work never hurts in this sort of competitive situation....even better when there is a good laugh involved (they were bound to find one)!....Dianne

Anonymous said...

You know every time I hear of this place from now on I will thing of this blog - and will want to laugh. You boys have a LOT to answer for!
I remember my friend called her son Justin - my other friend is not keen on the name as it makes her think that she had the baby 'just in time' or it was a last chance baby. Now every time I hear of a someone called Justin I can't help but think of this. So sorry to an Justins reading this! JantheFan x