Monday 13 January 2014

Those Greedy Birds

Despite all the awful weather the birds in our garden have still managed to snaffle all the food balls I put in the feeder that Father Christmas left me ….
Picture1
……. after only a few days all that was left were some very pecked morsels.
So, I have filled it up again and have made a note to myself to remind me to buy some more when I am in town next.
Picture2
It’s quite a responsibility I have taken on, all those birds will almost certainly be relying on me for their food now that they know my feeder is there.
Picture3
In fact, they were all probably watching me from yonder surrounding branches, tweeting to each other (but not in a mobile phone type way, obviously)  “Grubs up boys!”
Picture4

5 comments:

Mr.D said...

The birds certainly like your greasy balls.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to start on the live mealworms next - you'll have eating out of your hand - quite literally! Robins love them! JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

Your garden is a real bird haven with the birds settling in nicely..... they aren't going anywhere with that delicious buffet served daily! Will this be just a hobby or a full time job that leads to new career adventures? .....Dianne

Pamela said...

Well done on providing the birds with some much needed food at this time of year. Don't throw away the 'end' bits. Break them up and scatter them on the ground or along the fence rails. Some breeds don't like eating from a feeder, they prefer to eat from the ground.

marc said...

Pamela is right you should sprinkle a bit of food on the ground and Boys you should make your own food balls as well great fun to do big love marc