Tuesday 11 March 2014

A Time To Exchange Gifts

Let’s just say that Hugh was absolutely ecstatic with the piece of “Holy/Sacred” jewellery Darrell’s found for him in a charity shop …..
gift“Oh my Darling,  it is sooooooooooo de rigueur in a totally frugal chic type way …… what can I say? But I ADORE it!   I can’t wait to show it to my dear friend Elton, as I know he will soooooo love it too and may even be a soupcon jealous perhaps? You are too kind Darrell, but wait, I too have a small gift ….. for you ……
present…… to make amends for my busy schedule and your having to fend so much for yourself this week.”,  and from behind a cushion Hugh bought out a very distinctive turquoise box that Darrell was sure he has seen somewhere before, but couldn’t quite remember where ……
Liberty box….. and in that said turquoise box, was an equally turquoise pouchette ……  and inside that equally turquoise pouchette was ……
gorgeous gift…… a very beautiful, manly gold necklace, in a subtly chunky type way.  “I thought it was understated enough for you to wear at work and when popping in to your Tesco Express.” explained Hugh “ Forgive me, but sometimes I forget that what might be just a mere frippery in London, can be seen in Wolverhampton as totally OTT!”
Poor Darrell was too overcome for a short while to speak, but even when he had recovered, he was still speechless, ……. he felt so de rigueur and so en trend, but in a delicately refined type manner as Hugh had hoped. Hugh really was the Grande Dame and Master of all good taste and sophisticated sophistication ……. and Darrell vowed that he would NEVER take his wonderful gift off, EVER ….. well……  not until the next trend came along at least!

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

What wonderful gifts they both bought and received. Just perfect. Well done!

Anonymous said...

That box is a dead giveaway there will be something inside not only meeting de rigueur standards but tastefully perfect!....Endearing moment for this special friendship between kindred spirits.....Perfection!.......Dianne

Anonymous said...

Life is just one big pouchette of cherries is it not? JantheFan x

marc said...

lol o jan the fan that made me smile (i will dropping that in my convos this week if you dont mind ) It was just a little something that i thought would pimp up any outfit in a 70s retro huggie bear way or a down with the kids in a 2 Chainz hip hop way and in a oscar award spech way to show to
Darrell his love and friendship is like gold to me precious and something that will last a life time big tear in my eye and air kiss show biz wave Hugh