Friday 6 February 2015

We Join The Cadbury’s Creme Egg Debate

There has been much controversy of late over the change in the recipe of the Cadbury’s creme egg, so we thought we might as well wade in with our six-penneth worth as well, as we pride ourselves on being quite the connoisseurs of the confectionary genre of comestibles.
So Nigel was sent over to the village Tesco Express to make a considered purchase on our behalf, and found that he had to part with a lot more than six pennies, in fact he had to hand over the princely sum of 50p ……
……. for, to be honest, a small, fondant filled egg, that both Darrell ……
…… and I, if we were being very common …….
…… and not a little uncouth, could fit in our mouths in one go, not that we ever would, I must hasten to add!
We have to admit that none of us are really greatly robust fans of a creme egg, and this one did nothing to change our opinion, the chocolate was OK, but the gooey, fondant filling (with we noticed a discernable lack of a vibrant coloured yoke) was just toooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet, even for us,………
…… which left us all with a weird aftertaste.
So all in all we can only give an unimpressive 3 out of 10 noms on our Richter Scale of Cadbury’s Creme Egg noms and I doubt if we will be tempted to indulge again, as we would rather, truth be known, treat ourselves to a (or several) walnut whip(s) instead!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Boyz oh Boyz - I think I have been watching too much CBB - because I am going to disagree with you for the first time - EVA!!! Yummy yum yum Creme Eggs - get me a dozen at a time! They are well off the nommy nom nom richter for me!!! JantheFan x

Mr.D said...

I am entirely in agreement - too sweet. Walnut Whips are much better.

Anonymous said...

Where confectionary is concerned, a weird aftertaste is a fatal flaw! .....sounds like Cadbury dropped the ball on this creme egg .........thank goodness for favourite tried and true confectionary treats! ..Dianne

Pamela said...

Every Easter a take a basket into work with enough Crème Eggs for all the staff. I usually buy them when I see offers for packs of 6/12. During the months it takes me to accumulate enough eggs, one or two just might be consumed by me LOL! So it was with fear and trepidation I tasted the new one. I admit I preferred it! The chocolate seems much crisper. So they get many noms on my scale boys!

KraftyKaren said...

I was a huge fan of CCE and I hate how they have changed them. The aftertaste is just vile and I could taste straight away that the chocolate had been changed from dairy milk - it's Cadbury's loss because I usually eat loads of them at this time of year. Also changing them to 5 in a box - everyone knows that eggs come in multiples of 6 - anything else just isn't cricket and I will be writing to Cadburys to tell them this. I now need a new pre-Easter chocolatey fix to replace CCE - any suggestions boys?????