Thursday 10 August 2017

Sorry, It Just Looks Common!

Last night, as he was preparing a small nocturnal night cap, Darrell casually remarked that  the latest en-trend trend in the cocktail world is the Baked Bean Tin Cocktail Cup …….
IMG_4039…… and to illustrate the point, he served our said night cap accordingly.  To be honest, I thought that he was just winding me up, and so was determined that I was not going to be the butt of his and Nigel’s little joke …… but I am afraid that I had to eat humble pie …….
Picture1……. after a bit of discrete Googling under the cushion, I soon discovered that they really are as de  rigueur as Darrell said!  Well, I was totally taken aback ……
IMG_4040……. and they aint cheap either! However, bless him, Darrell had actually used our old bean/spaghetti hoop tins for ours!
IMG_4042However, I don’t care how a la mode they are,  I just think they look common.  We have a beautiful cocktail cabinet full of lovely glasses for all cocktails and for all occasions, but to now add three baked bean tins is just embarrassing and, dare I say, sacrilege  ….. goodness only knows what the next fad will be …… salt and pepper pot shorts ……???

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Careful you don't cut your lips on them either.

What next?
Milk bottles to drink pints of beer?
Tupperware?

Anonymous said...

Well, the world becomes a stranger place by the day. JantheFan x

Dianne said...

Ah, so true with the cans.....en trend or not, I still refer to them as tin cans......every tine I see an empty can I am reminded of my childhood (during WWII) when cans had to be flattened and made into piles tied with string for recycling ...... not a very romantic view of empty tin cans and definitely sabotaged my ability to see their charm ....enjoy that nightcap no matter the container! Love, Dianne