Wednesday 11 October 2017

Not Quite A Forage But …….

After my quandary about picking mushrooms/toadstools the other day and deciding that it might be best to leave well alone, yesterday I had a much more fruitful find, where someone else had kindly done any necessary foraging for me …….
IMG_5278…… as one of the houses on the way to (and from) Nursery was offering free eating apples, I have to say they looked exceedingly tempting …….
IMG_5277
…….and in turn it would have looked most rude not to avail myself of a one or two as I was passing.
IMG_5279
Let’s just say they went down a treat with Iris and Bertie …… their verdict? Well, Iris thought they looked like just Snow White apples, but without being poisonous ……. they were very nom nom, nom ….. and lived up to every bit of their appearance ….. I think we shall be availing ourselves again, if they are still there tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

What a wonderful gesture. Those Evesham types seem very nice indeed.

Dianne said...

Lovely gift for passersby......apples are a sure sign of autumn days.....here in the US the grocery store apples are almost tasteless and don't have the wonderful true apple scent...have a small size topiary we call the pippin; named after the English pippin apples I saw in a documentary...enjoy those crispy gifts!....Love, Dianne

Mr.D said...

Dianne - Cox's Orange Pippin are a very tasty apple.

Dianne said...

thank you Mr.D, don't think I have ever seen those in the store, but will happily keep a lookout.....don't know if apple butter was made in Britain but was very popular in US when I was a child and many apple varieties were easily available....... Dianne