Sunday 19 November 2017

A Retro Delicacy To Look Forward To ……..

Darrell spotted something in a poundshop the other day that he thinks was quite a delicacy in the olden days, but which has fallen out of favour in recent times …….. a bit like Findus Crispy Pancakes or a Vesta Chow Mein!
IMG_5510
I can confirm that there is now a Fray Bentos minced beef tinned pie gracing our kitchen cupboard, with Darrell proclaiming that we are in for a right royal treat as he is planning a special retro meal to help brighten up our cold November nights. I am now fearing what the accompanying pudding might be, as I can remember the tapioca pudding of my youth, otherwise known as gubby lumps or frog spawn …… I am girding my loins …… and digestive system in …. erm …… culinary anticipation!!!  

5 comments:

Mr.D said...

You have got my mouth watering!

I loved the pastry. My favourite was the steak and kidney ones. The gravy was great too.

Nomtastic!

Pamela said...

I used to love the pastry on these pies! What a find LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh tapioca - now your talking.........or maybe not. JantheFan x

Dianne said...

There is something comforting about finding an old favourite from the past; doesn't matter if it is food or other........tapioca is a long ago and faraway not very pleasant taste memory.......cold winter nights for you but guess what?? our part of Florida has been having nights in the high 50sF, 60sF and mid 80sF during the day!..WhoooHooo; cold weather? did show up for us!!..Love from Dianne

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

Nom Nom Nom x