Friday 3 November 2017

Evesham Finally Gets A Poundstore

As you know we very much appreciate a poundshop, but sadly, up until now, Evesham has been sadly lacking, but imagine my excitement when I found out that while Poundstretcher had closed a few weeks back, it had been replaced by a Poundstore……
IMG_5521
……. and as such, it would have looked most rude not to have a little gander and mooch ……. wouldn’t it?
IMG_5520However, it has to be said that though it’s very early days, for me, it disappointed a little, it didn’t seem to have quite the right sort of items in the seasonal department that I like to work my way through …… or the atmosphere of a Poundland.
IMG_5517IMG_5519
This might just be down to the long, straight aisles, I do admit to like weaving with my basket, never knowing what I might find round the next corner!
IMG_5518
Having said that, I did make one or two considered purchases, several in the confectionary department, including a pack of Raspberry Ruffles, Midget Gems and a box of Maltesers, as a  treat during our marathon  Saturday night viewing of Strictly and X Factor ……. what are we like? 

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Hopefully the selection will improve on the run up to Christmas.

P.S. I must admit my ignorance. I don't know the difference between Poundstretcher, Poundstore, Poundland and any other such shops, even though I have been in some.

Dianne said...

Early days so there is hope for the future with the pound store!......I too would love a gander at the new store..... some US Dollar Trees disappoint but others are full of treasures, particularly the new large ones!..... Happy shopping!....Love, Dianne