Thursday 12 April 2018

Following On From Yesterday …… Busy Doing Nothing.

With Nigel and Darrell both away I have a whole chasm of time all to myself, and thought I would have a mooch round B M Bargains, looking for nothing in particular …….. and lo and behold, after all Darrell’s gushing over Hugh’s latest horticultural decor, I found that said store had a veritable smorgasbord of garden ornamentation!
IMG_6771IMG_6772
There wasn’t a terracotta soldier in sight, let alone an army, but I did note that there were several variations on the humble toadstool …..
IMG_6777IMG_6779
…….. plus some very mahoooosive solar powered owls, as well as every sort of metallic insect and reptile imaginable ………..
IMG_6773
…….. and, naturally, the obligatory garden gnome ……….
IMG_6774
…… however, I was completely unimpressed by the more vulgar variety ……. a bare bottom has no place in the garden as far as I am concerned, no matter how erm ……well presented!
IMG_6783IMG_6784
As I moved swiftly on to the Home Decor Department my mind returned to our little Nigel, so far away in New York ……….
IMG_6786
…… and couldn’t help dread wonder what “delightful” souvenirs he will be bringing back to garnish The Towers.

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Hopefully Nigel takes advice on what American tat, or otherwise, he brings back.

Dianne said...

Oh, the treasure of a little time alone......Love garden accessories but not really a garden gnome fan.......I'm sure Darrell is filling his creative senses with ideas and it may be fortunate he doesn't have a whole farm to express all his ideas!......Perhaps Nigel will keep the extra luggage space for food type goodies!....... Love, Dianne