Wednesday 11 April 2018

Not So On Trend

Darrell says Hugh is currently experimenting with the latest garden trend, a bijoux army of terracotta statues ……..
b6
……. which he has got his “man what does” to re-paint in a variety of colours, because, bizarrely, terracotta is soooooooo unbelievably yesterday!
b14
Darrell was very impressed and as he was telling me all via skype I could almost hear the cogs whirring in his brain…….
b7
……. and, I am sure if we still had a garden, Darrell would probably already be making plans to assemble an en-trend, a la mode army of his own.
b8
Though there are times when I do still miss the odd pottering days back at Castle Greysquirrel, this is one time that I am glad that putting anything of an ornamental type nature in our communal garden is strictly verboten on pain of letter  …….. this trend, despite Hugh being the Grand Doyen of all that is class and style, is not for me ……..
flam
……. to be honest, if I had the choice I think would be more of a flamingo man myself!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Hugh's red terracotta army figure looks fine to me. I would love to see the real thing, in situ.

That sure is a pretty flamingo, or ten. I feel a Manfred Man song coming on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTxzmLyVFYY

Dianne said...

Hugh does keep abreast of the latest home and garden trends!.......I assume his colour choices will give us the must have colour combos.....so exciting and can't wait to see his choices to wipe away the drab terracotta .....Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Difficult to choose......but being a bit of a twitcher I would be Team Monkey and go with the Flamingos. JantheFan x