Tuesday 24 April 2018

Royal Wedding De Rigueur?

It has to be said that there is very little, if anything, available in Evesham of a Royal Wedding type nature and consequently with only four weeks to go Darrell is in a bit of a panic about it all. What on earth is he like?
Harry ans Meghan Wedding T-shirt
He “says” that he thinks he has found “us” the perfect t-shirt, but he will have to order them online and I, in turn, have told him, in no uncertain terms, that I will certainly not be wearing one. You’d have thought with all the mentoring on all that is de rigueuer he’s received from Hugh over the years, he’d have come up with something that had at least an ounce of class and finesse.
IMG_7744
When Harry Met Meghan I ask you?  I think NOT!
Royal wedding t-shirt
I’ve told him we’ll wear our best bib and tucker t-shirts and embrace our creative side by making our own commemorative badges to adorn them. There is no need at all for any angst or the wringing of hands, we have plenty of time.
Royal Wedding T-shirt.
When I go to Weston Super Mare in a couple of weeks time I am sure that I will be able to find a couple of Union Flags for us to wave and perhaps even a tea towel to drape over the settee in a decorous manner and in the meantime, he can concoct a celebratory Harry and Meghan cocktail for the royal toast and get the iced fancies in!  I think he has calmed down now!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Self made originals win every time, in my book.

CraftyCoffey said...

Glad Darrell has calmed down, I think he’s missing Nigel. Looking forward to hearing all about the new “wedding “ cocktail .

Michele